Tara Noland is the creator of Noshing with the Nolands. She loves sharing her cooking experience. And she has a lot to share! Our Tara Noland interview offers a glimpse of all the many things you can learn from her.
1. How did you start your website? What inspired you to create it?
I started the website, Noshing with the Nolands, 5 1/2 years ago wanting to start to share recipes while I worked on a cookbook. The site took off and still to this day I have not done the cookbook, maybe someday.
2. What recipe do you like to cook the most? And what is your favorite dish to eat?
That is a tough question as I love to cook so many different recipes but I do enjoy cooking up a big pasta meal. But to choose anything it would be sushi for me to eat. I don’t know how to make it though.
3. What does a healthy meal mean for you?
For me it means a well balanced meal, lots of veggies with a lean protein but still tons of flavor.
4. Your favorite kitchen tool?
I would say my standup mixer. It is in use a lot in this house for many different recipes.
5. Which chefs or cooking bloggers inspire you the most?
I love to watch Michael Symon cook, he is amazing but I really do like to cook more like Ina Garten.
6. Which is the best cooking advice you’ve ever heard?
Julia Child inspired me by saying to have the “courage of your convictions”. For me that was the best advice ever!!
Follow Tara’s stories, tips and advice on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram! Apart from delicious recipes, you’ll also find restaurant recommendations, reviews and so much more! Is cooking a family affair in your home? Who does what? Tell us in the comments!